CLIENT:
Immanuel Lutheran

SQUARE FOOTAGE:
5,500 square feet (addition)

LOCATION:
Jefferson City, Missouri

This historic church was constructed in 1884 by German masons, and is situated between the cemetery and elementary school. The Architects Alliance was asked to preserve the integrity of the existing site and church while adding new spaces for a growing congregation. The original sanctuary remains the formal entry to the church and serves as a beautiful prelude to the new sanctuary. New spaces which wrap the existing structure include secondary foyers, offices, meeting and restrooms. Working with the existing topography, a lower level houses banquet and child care facilities. These open onto an outdoor play and gathering area. Three distinct sections of the building can be secured separately for after-hour use.
Immanuel Lutheran Church